Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I don't want to know what my BF% is. This is because I know enough (for the most part thanks to this site and it's members) to dread the answer!!

Abs are useless. I can't think of a single heavy thing i can lift with my abs alone.
I can, You couldn't do the back squat/front squat without contraction of the core acting as the stabilizer (which serves as one of its MAIN functions). It isnt just the legs (quads) getting the work in. All muscles have a purpose, and work together to complete a task. For that matter, you couldnt sit in a chair without them. Get them extemely sore or injure the core once, then general functional tasks we take fo granted everyday have a new meaning, lol.

In addition, I may add that the core aids in stabilization (and is activated) for the following lifts/exercises:

1. Military Press

2. Squat types

3. Dead Lift

4. Pull-up varients

5. Bench Press (minor)

6. Lunge varients

To name a few. It tightens and supports the body during the execution of the lift.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 02-18-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote