View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Carl1174
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
It's generally not folks like you who take offense. I am pretty sure your calculations are close enough to be of no concern.

The majority of problems come from men who weigh over 200 pounds and want to believe they have 15% bodyfat.
what people dont understand is if they were 200lbs with a 15% bf they wouldnt be worring about it cos they would look good anyway lol.. I have to admit i fell in to the trap of wanting a low bodyfat%, but after reading and reading (mostly on this site) i have realised there is no way i have the body fat levels that i thought i had cos i would awesome, and i dont lol

I said in my log earlier today, i am almost at my natural porential for a lot of my measurements. if i was 12-14%bf i would look fckn awesome lol, Body fat makes a masive difference as does where you carry it, but it should not be a number to get obsesed about. It is just another number to be neurotic about IMO. If you are competing then yeh you need to get it right down, if your not then i dont think it really matter what the number says as long as you lok like you want to look.

Its sad that some people put so much stock on to it that they look in the mirror but feel better about them selves bacause they have been tld they have a 6%bf...

Use it as a guide to make sure the diet is working right, or to see how well you are doing on gaining lbm, but otherwise i dont think it matters that much...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote