View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This is meant as a loving, gentle push in the right direction for 95% of mouth-breathers:

Your bodyfat percentage is higher than you think.

I just had a discussion that went something like this. Stats are real, but the name was changed to protect the innocent.

Bob: I am 5'8" 145 with 5% bodyfat. I want abs, help!

BTB: First off Bob, your bodyfat is most likely over 12-14% if you do not have abs.

Bob: No, sorry, you are wrong. Trainer X did etc. and told me my percentage is 5%.

BTB: Hi Bob. At 5% you would already have crazy, shredded abs. I am not trying to sound argumentative, but I do want to give you a realistic snapshot of your bodyfat levels...

Bob: You &%$# idiot! You don't know %*&$#$^$!
This whole conversation sounds too much like the "Normal kid meets power lifter" vid.

I'm Glwanabe, and I don't have visible abs.

Now ask me if I care!

I love my abs, that's why I keep them protected with a layer of insulation.

Another important point that needs to be talked about is this.

Bob's stats: I am 5'8" 145 with 5% bodyfat. I want abs, help!

Um, Bob. You're a skinny little beotch, who needs to eat a DBL Whopper. Worrying about a six pack is putting the cart before the horse.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote