View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
They also loved Dave Tate thread on bulking.

Dave Tate on gaining size - Bodybuilding.com Forums
Sorry for the cynicism, but that thread is funny. It's like watching a bunch of stick figures battle over a Trisket.

Cook Andrew B has some good replies, as do you, of course.

One of the posters stated:

Quote:
Please everyone go try this diet, let me know what the bill is at the gastroenterologist.

Oh not to mention, you are going to need a **** load of cheerios to get your heart healthy after this bad boy.
Give me a break. I eat like a freak, 75% healthy, 25% shitty, and have been monitoring my health for 20 years. My blood pressure is awesome, and my levels are all about as good as they get. It's all due to consistent, hard, intense exercise.

I really disagree that this is a powerlifter's diet. I dislike the mindset that separates the 2 sports for intermediate lifters.

If you're an intermediate, you should be trying to gain strength and muscle...this goes for both powerlifters and bodybuilders.

Why have these sports become polar opposites? The classic lifters had both...strength and power. Modern pro bodybuilders are strong as all heck. I interview numerous natural PRO bodybuilders...lncluding Dave Goodin (who just won a world IFBB championship as a natural at 50+ years old) and Joe Ohrablo, and many of these pros train for strength, and recommend pushing for strength when cutting.

A lot of these modern debates are merely fairy tales based on nothing more then wishful thinking, studies and monkey piss voodoo. How many of these guys base these forum debates on personal opinion? How many of these guys bench 300 and have added at least 20 pounds of muscle?

I mean seriously, if you can't add 20 pounds of muscle as a natural after 2 to 4 years, either you're:

A) Overtraining.
B) Undereating.
C) Not pushing for progression.
D) All three.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote