View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #56
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old school View Post

BTB, Reg park was well strong and looked it, however not many people will equal his strength even after years and years of lifting. There's a good article on Casey Butt's website that predicts your maximum strength. Really what I'm trying to say is you don't need to be able to deadlift a house to have a respectable phsique....
We are very familiar with Casey Butt. I have interviewed him myself.

We are not talking about getting as strong as Reg Park. That's beside the point. You need to get "relatively" strong.

Let's keep the discussion on progression. You need to get stronger compared to you, not compared to Reg park. You can't avoid this. It must be done to get a respectable physique.

I work in the industry, interview and talk to natural bodybuilders and powerlifters 365 days a year. I know of exactly zero of them that have a respectful physique that haven't deadlifted a house relative to their starting strength levels.

My opinion isn't based off speculation or wishful thinking, no disrespect meant to anyone. It's based on years of talking with, and mingling with natural lifters.

You must get very strong relative to where you started to have a respectful physique. This is framed in terms of natural numbers, not the lifts of steroid users.

This board is filled with many great natural bodybuilders and powerlifters. Not a single one of them is relatively weak compared to where they started.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote