Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
You are still eating during the day, you are just not eating in the morning.
Ah see thats different then what I meant, which is why I made a comment about shorter fasting.When I hear the term fasting I associate with starvation for religious purposes or what not. What I was saying only really applied for long time fasting, I took it as your weren't going to eat for 24hours, since I had just recently saw the Elliot Hulse video and got that concept stuck in my head. Your talking more the lines of warrior diet, which I get.

However,while the physical muscles might not break down until after until 32hours+ see what kind of energy levels you will have and how useful they will be after a 16+ period of not eating.

When you are talking about the strength athlete you have to make greater considerations, if your lifting in the 70% or less you might not feel a difference with a diet change, however when you are a few weeks out from hitting 90% and hopefully way past your prior 100% one rep max, the littlest of things can set you back. Its one thing had you been doing this kind of diet since training, but messing around with training/diet so close to a meet is risky.

My main concern is that your afraid of being overweight in you weight class and are going to do some stupid crash diet instead of a simple water cut and replenish process and bomb out of the meet, because I seen plenty lifters do that. I know your a smarter then average lifter, and know your diet well as experience with your figure competition, I just want to see you have a successful first power-lifting meet.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote