View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

the more reseach i do, the more i read and the more i hear from people that havce been in this game for longer than I have been alive it all comes down to the same thing. Splits are more geared towards gear and full body or upper lowrer are the way to go for nAtural trainees. The more I think the media has done an excellent sell on splits cos that the way that the pros do it...

Quote:
The whole-body type of workout, where you're doing big, stressful exercises, stimulates a powerful hormonal response. That's one of the reasons why people who aren't on drugs get the most benefits from a completely different training style than those who are on drugs.

Someone who's on drugs already has all the testosterone his system can handle. Someone who's not on drugs needs to train in a way that stimulates his body's production of hormones.

T NATION: That makes sense.

Pendlay: If you're a pro-bodybuilder who's taking the things that pro-bodybuilders take, then you don't have to train the same way or worry about the same things as your average 25-year old guy who wants to build muscle and isn't going to take drugs to do it. Those are two completely different systems of training.

What we're talking about is doing things that stimulate the whole body more. You're not doing isolation work; you're not coming in and doing curls and blasting your biceps once a week with 20 sets. Instead you're doing big exercises, leaning towards a whole-body workout.

Not everyone needs to do a whole-body workout, but they certainly don't need to do chest one day, biceps the next, etc. Whole-body workouts or upper/lower splits are the answer.

Very insightfull stuff

On the other had people get great results from splits all the time, does this mean that they would have got better results from a full body ? The classics that built fantastic bodies using fullbodies were the gentically elite and would probably built fantastic bodies on splits too...

I am definitely a full body convert though, it seem logical to work as much of the body at once to get the most hormonal response.. You definitely arent gonna get as many hormones floating round from doing bicep curls as you are from squatting...

I wish i had found this site before now and i would be further along the road i want to be on by now

Carl.

Last edited by Carl1174; 02-10-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote