Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
Will you ever be able to workout like you used to, or at least do the same excersises with lighter weights?
No point in that... The workouts were designed for increasing power, not endurance, which is now what I'm doing...

Trust me man, dead lifts followed by heavy rack pulls and ending with a sledgehammer-power clean combo would be awesome haha...but wouldn't get me where I'm headed, just be a detour that could cause further injury.

The way I see it is I still do a minimum of 250lb for my overhead presses, a minimum of 600 for my bar shrugs, a minimum of 275+ for my bench, and if/when I do, a minimum of 405+ for my dead lifts... So my bare minimums are (by and large) stronger than most other peoples heaviest weights... it's just tough wrapping my head around sitting on a machine and doing arm curls or standing at a cable unit and doing pressdowns... I was into isolation work for years before training for strength, and I used to love it, but now it's just foreign to me...

My arms are getting bigger than they've ever been, shoulders are rounding out nice, core is trimming up and leaning out, and my cardiovascular endurance is getting better everyday... In every way-shape-and form I'm doing the right thing for my body the way I'm training now, just feels unfamiliar is all....