View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Thanks Steve, but I feel that I always have more to learn and do. For instance. I am just beginning with the BHNP. I tried unsuccessfully a few times before. It has taken me some time but I have had to learn a bit about hand positioning, setting up, racking and un-racking. Essentially, I had to start at the beginning. I am not sure I want to be "intermediate or advanced." If I stop learning and starting new, if I stop the return to the basics, I will probably stop all together. That is just the way I work. I had a baseball coach once that always harped on playing the fundamentals, that has become my philosophy, focus on the fundamentals. If you get "too big" for the basics, you can quickly set yourself up for failure.

Thanks for a great site, and your great insights.
You guys make the site great.

I am still learning every day. I think we are all beginners on some level. I don't know anything about Olympic lifts. My standards are more lift-based. So there are some guys that can be advanced at curling in the squat rack, but beginners at squatting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote