View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I very much like doing some Olympic style work.

Overhead squats with an empty oly bar are a staple of my warmup.

I worked about 10 weeks of this program at one point and had a blast with the program.
In fact, that program is printed and sitting in front of me RIGHT NOW!

Olympic Weightlifting Primer

My desk, and stuff I'm working on. The oly program, and various other program notes.
I worked up to being able to overhead squat 2x5x95.

The snatch width BHNP moves were an eye opener, and I really like how they hit the delts. Another move that was an ego bruiser, was overhead pressing, snatch grip in the down position.

I'm currently working on a variation of the Reeves that will include a clean and press move. Olympic moves have fallen out of favor among the mainstream. This is a real shame, as they have a lot to offer.

Steve, your comments about how the move got uncomfortable with your arm mass, is exactly why Oly lifters do not do arm work that build arms mass. They need to be able to hold the bar in a specific way. Excess arm mass is counter to their needs.

If your looking to lose some weight. Adding Oly moves into your schedule is a great way to boost up your system, and burn some fat.

More oly work is going into my schedule in the near future. I had started the challenge on the Eder which has cleans as part of the program. I'll get back to it.

Last edited by glwanabe; 02-09-2011 at 01:20 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote