View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Ive been messing around quite a lot with the OL lifts lately

Powercleans i ve been doing for a while, and ive had the same problem as you but after doing some stretching that dmaipa showed me im actually able to rack the bar now (at front delts), and it didnt take to long. The powerclean is a GREAT deadlift assistant exercise imo, and added lbs and power to my deadlift in a short time after i started doing it regularly.

C&J - Very fun lift that really adds power (lbs!) to your strict oh press aswell.

Snatch - Very technical lift that fires your CNS up and gets it ready to DO WORK! Im currently going very light on this lift to really get the form in.

OL Lift assitance work?
To work on different parts of a lift you can perfom
OH Squat, Snatch pull, Rack shrug, OL press among others
The ol lifters do alot of front squats (clean grip) and also back squats, explosive, low reps and always deeeeeeeeeep.

Suggested approach to incorporate OL work into your ordinary routine?
'
I like doing the snatch or c&j as the first lift on push (major lift) days and powercleans on pull (major) days.
Try it, youll probably notice that you're up to move heavier weights with greater acceleration, faster than your used to == CNS already alert and lots of muscle requited from the ol lifts.

This are just based on my own experience, im in no way an expert on the subject.