View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Olympic Lifts Check In

Which Olympic lifts or variations have you tried, successfully incorporated into a strength or muscle building workout, or didn't like so you set them aside?

I have tried power cleans. I used them frequently in 1986 when I first began lifting. When I revisited them a few years back I found that because of my bulk I could not hold the bar properly (my hands do not come anywhere near my chest or shoulders). This made the completion of the lift nearly unbearable so i set them aside. If I had access to Olympic plates I would try them again.

I have also tried hang cleans, but had the same issue.

Also, regarding power cleans they seem to stress my elbows in unusual ways. I was not sure if this was a form issue, or merely that my strength was allowing me to use more weight than I was ready to use.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links