Thread: Pinwheel Curls
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

For what it's worth, I am neither a bodybuilder or powerlifter. I am merely a recreational lifter who doesn't really have a taste for the OCD. I prefer simple, basic hard work on heavy compounds lifts.

I do not obsess about TUT, maximal tension, speed training, etc. I believe in progress and compound lifts, and know that this combination will allow for great strength and muscle building gains for the Average Joe or Jane.

I understand the place of advanced training techniques, and have studied them, and tried them myself. I am not speaking in the realm of advanced lifting because I do not wish to lecture other advanced lifters on how to train. I respect them, and wouldn't elevate myself to that level.

My only goal in life right now is to help the average person who is trapped in bodybuilding magazine land to gain more size and strength. But don't take that to mean I am ignorant or shun advanced approaches.

I am very happy with what I have achieved during my life with my approach. I have hit fat man's 19 inch arms, a 500 raw squat, a 525x4 raw deficit deadlift, a 430 pound raw bench press, a 275 pound raw strict BTN, and strict overhead dumbbell presses with 120 pounders. I also, at one point, was able to perform strict curls with over 160 pounds.

I have never competed, may never compete, but have achieved more with my ignorance and self-learning than most who have studied every nuance of natural strength and muscle building training. This is not a testament to myself, nor me pounding my chest, not a criticism of those that enjoy learning and ready every study.

It is a testament to the fact that simplicity with basics is underused, and that progression with compounds lifts can turn boys into advanced lifters all day long.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-08-2011 at 10:03 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote