View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

My staple for shoulders are the OH press. I do laterals and raises as finisher sometimes and mostly FST-7 or burn sets (1x40 reps or so).

I cycle between...

Seated MP's (great for front delt developement)
Standing or Seated DB press (also arnold presses)
BHN Push Press (this is the exercise that boosted my shoulder growth and strength real good! Highly reccomended, i do heavy singles, doubles or 3's, or sets of 10 as a finisher)
Olympic press (like a push press from chest)

The heavy rows (bb in particular) smashes my rear delts enough so i rarely isolate them, but when i do i throw in some heavy DB rear delt raises (im doing them seated and bent forward, very explosive, and i choose heavy weight before strict form here most of the time)

As for all my lifts i work in different rep range in the same workout, i usually pyramid up to workset weight doing 1's, 2's or 3's and finishes of with 5x5 or 3x8 with lighter weight, but i sometimes skip the high-rep work - it depends on daily form and how i feel.