View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Good shoulder flexability, and proper hand spacing are two very important aspects to performing the presses.

As most everybody knows, I hold the opinion that shoulder, and chest work has been twisted in the modern world of training. While benching is a viable movement, Deltoids should be the primary upper body group to work.

Think about it from this aspect. What looks better?

Big chest small shoulders
Big shoulders small chest

I'll go with the latter. There is also the aspect of having good shoulder strenth and stabilty will lead to a big bench. No matter how you look at it. Proper shoulder work is the key to upper body mass, and strength. IMO!
I will add to that the reality that a big chest is very hard to achieve. Arnold was a true genetic freak regarding chest size. Thought I would mention him since he is the gold standard.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote