Old 02-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #29
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Mark Coleman vs Shogun Rua

The intrepid vintage heavyweight of old returns to the octagon after about 15 years - this time steroid free.

And, true to classic form, Coleman ultimately proves one thing: he is still a physical specimen. With no cardio.

The fight took a slower pace compared with the others taking place that night in Dublin, as Hua - seemingly in sympathy for the long-retired heavyweight champion - was out of breath himself before the 2nd round was done!

It was 3 rounds of slow, loping swings and kicks, with heavy jabs and generally a lot of mediocrity. The fight also went to the judges, who predictably gave their decision to Rua.

But I don't care. Seeing Coleman back in action is enough to fit this one somewhere in my top 10.
That was also the first fight that Coleman ever gave up a takedown, to Rua of all people. That showed it was time for him to go, I would of loved to see a fight with him and Shamrock back in the day.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote