MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
How did you strengthen the stabilizers?
My PT used a lot of different exercises. Some with weight, most without.

First thing he taught me was scapular retraction and depression. Almost all exercises he had me do were in this fashion.

I will try to describe some of them:

1. Lay your chest on a stability ball with arms at you side, palms up. Have a 2-3 pound DB. Depress shoulder blades. Now, lift palms in air. Hold for 2 seconds at top. 3 sets of 10.

2. Stand with your back against a stability ball between you and the wall. Again, use a 2-3 pound DB. turn your hands as so that palms are out and thumbs are down. Depress shoulder blade and keep it in contact with stability ball. Lift dbs in a Y motion. This is called "Empty Can." 3 sets of 10.

3. Balance yourself in a stability ball as if you were in the starting push up position with hands on the outsides of the ball. Keeping arms locked, let torso shrug down towards the ball 2-3 inches (this is a very slight movement). Keeping arms locked, pull torso back up (think of yourself making your chest concave). Try 2 sets of 6-10. This is a very hard exercise. You can also do this while leaning against a wall in the house or on the floor.

4. Lie on a foam roller with it parallel to and under your spine. Have something the weight of a bowling pin in each hand (5-8# DB). Keeping arms locked and straight up in the air while holding the weight. Shrug the weight down and then back up to starting position. 2 sets of 15.

Those are few that I can think of at the moment.