View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
now i dont feel so bad lol. i started off today at 100x20 and felt like the weight amount was pathetic. but i really feel if i stay light for a few sessions and improve my form, ill be able to move up in weight much quicker than if i threw a whole crap load of weight on there and forced myself to do it. im really concentrating on the whole movement now and can feel my form improving every time
There are no pathetic 20 rep squat sets. In fact, there are no pathetic squat sets.

If it makes you feel any better, my squat max is 500 and I started with 20 rep squats at 200 pounds. I worked to 235x20 over 6 weeks and that was about all I could hang with before wanting a break.

All that matters is progression, and it doesn't need to be rapid. One extra rep each week is 52 reps a year, which adds up to substantial gains in both size and strength.

You will be successful as long as you stay persistent and just try to do a hair more each workout.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote