View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
this is very true, and i never really thought about it til i read this. i have been lifting for about year, and still consider myself a beginner. but when i think military press, i think shoulders, when i think bent row, i think back. i understand that they are compound lifts and will work other muscle groups, but in my head i still associate them with certain body parts
I am still mentally detaching from this. Even when trying to design my own fullbody workouts.

It certainly is ok to use bodyparts as a guideline, but once we get into the thought that 6-10 semi-indirect sets per day for triceps won't help our arms grow, we've become unable to see the forest through the trees.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote