Old 01-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Im am just about to start using DB's for bench so as to try to give the pecs a better stretch. With the Barbell my shoulders hurt if the grip is too wide, but then it means as my grip is a bit closer my triceps are taking over quite a bit.

I think a combination of BB and DB rows would be the best way to go as you will recruit the muscles slightly differently with each, but still hit the back hard to cause growth.

just my 2p worth

Carl.
If you want to go wide on the bench use a reverse grip, and bring the bar down the the portion of the chest you want to work on. Just make sure you're in the power rack.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links