View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #15
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Ross View Post
Sure, I did this for 4 months.

A: 5x5

Squat
Bench Press
Power clean
Overhead press
BB row
Laying ext.
BB curl

B: 5x5

Front squat
Incline Bench Press
Deadlift
DB overhead press
Pull up
JM press
Close grip curl

A/B/A
B/A/B

Lost fat, got strong, and it my upper back thickened up big time.
For fat loss and gaining raw strength Fullbody gets two thumbs up.
4 months is just barely giving your body time to get out of the adaption phase for fullbody work. Couple that with the 5x5 format which is a great strength and power scheme, but it will also build size if it is given time to work. 1 year is a good time frame to commit too. Give a 5x5 a year, and you will be amazed at how much muscle you pack on your frame.

A lot of people get into a "fullbody" 5x5 for a short cycle. They see some good strength gains, and move back to their split. Your experience is fairly typical. I completely understand your position and why you hold the belief that you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Ross View Post
Now remember I endorse two way splits, not this muscle pumping working a muscle once per week garbage.
The differance between an A/B split, a 2 way split, or a fullbody can be very little or a lot depending on how you work your sets and reps.

This is a far deeper subject than most people spend the time to figure out properly.

Fullbody workouts are more complex than splits, and require a greater understanding of the process.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote