Thread: Food Addictions
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hi, my name is Steve and I am a food addict. Seriously.

Growing up, we had very little money. Usually the last 14-20 days of the month we ate bologna and cheese sandwiches on white bread because that is all my mother could afford. We had soup sometimes to go with it, but not always. Breakfast was usually a bowl of cereal.

In any case, no need to queue the violins. My point is this...

As a result, we rarely had good tasting food around the house. The rare occasions when we had cookies, chips or even tacos, we would eat like fiends.

I still struggle with this issue, but now that I have money, it's harder to battle. Mentally something is broken in my head, and when tasty food is around my internal mechanisms signal me to eat and eat and eat until it is all gone.

If ice cream or chips are brought into the house, I can't stop thinking about them until they are completely gone.

This might sound like hooey to you, but it's a constant battle. We have to monitor what we bring into the house. I have pretty decent willpower until I taste just one, and them the game begins.
Change the name from Steve to Jeff, and I could have written most of this post as well.

To make matters worse, we have a local ice cream company that makes the best DAMN ice cream EVER!! Bluebell ice cream is DABOMB!! Mint chocolate chip, I'll stab you for the last bowl if you try to take it. I'm not joking.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote