MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Along with this many people believe that "eating healthy" is good enough when trying to build muscle. "Eating healthy" is such a vaporous and generic phrase and usually implies a McDonald's salad for lunch, or something similar. It also usually involves purchasing products at the store that are "fat free" or "sugar free" or "10% lower whatever.".

I don't think most people understand how to eat healthy and eat enough to gain. And I don't think "eating healthy" is really healthy eating, 9 times out of 10...
The other hard part for me is lack of variety. I have literally eaten the same things wake-up to leaving work, Monday-Friday since November. I have a little variety with meat choice for dinner, its basically steak/fish/chicken with fresh green veggies and a baked sweet potato.

This is boring, but it's a way to make sure that I am eating the same amount of calories most of the time. It also makes it easier to cut or adjust calories, as I just swap in/out entire meals.

So, I guess that myth would be that you can eat whatever you want with tons of variety and gain/lose weight.

I no longer believe this. The people I know who have gotten massive or leaned the heck out eat the same thing OVER and OVER.