View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
Sorry Steve, I,myself have been guilty of asking that same question up until this past year.
Hey, that's ok BT. I am not being hard on those that ask.

It's just a myth perpetuated in this industry, and is not a viable or needed approach unless you take steroids or are an advanced lifter after more strength.

I have no grudge against those that ask. They can't control the information they are given. It simply annoys me that this bodybuilding magazine-style nonsense keeps rolling down the assembly line each and every day.

It confuses people. They start believing they have to dump squats after 8 weeks and replace it with X or gains will stop.

My only beef is with magazines and trainers who speak to naturals using approaches and theories that aren't needed for naturals.

I am talking strictly in terms of muscle building here. Strength training can be more complicated because you can still see strength gains once muscle building all but stops.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote