View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I agree Rick. I weighed 145 at age 17, and looked pathetic. I learned to out eat my metabolism.

I also think that many men in their teens and early 20's have such a high metabolism that it becomes difficult to eat too much. That is where the need for smart food comes it...calorie dense whole milk, etc.

I trained a "hardgainer" in college. He was a twig, and couldn't gain. The first thing I did was to have him stop running, and all other forms of cardio. Then I taught him about progression. Next, I introduced him to fried foods, whole milk, and the dessert bar.

He gained 10 pounds of weight in a month.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-10-2009 at 05:30 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote