View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
Hey guys!

This is the routine I plan on using, I just have a question on it.

Instead of doing OHP, can I do a clean and jerk?

Or is there a way I can incorporate a clean and jerk or a snatch into this routine?

Spartigus
I would not drop OHP for cleans.

I agree with Swede's recomendation to add cleans at the beginning of the session. If I were to add PC to the session I would start at a 5x3 scheme, and use a light weight to start. Don't increase weight during the sets, just use a single weight. Do this for a few sessions to get a feel for the work.

After a couple of weeks you could start to add a little weight to the last 3 sets, and again see how you feel.

Performing power cleans is the easiest option here. Performing a snatch is exponentially more technical in the proper execution of the lift. Even performing the overhead squat aspect of the lift is hard.

Have you over done overhead squats? I really like doing them, but they will crush your ego with how little weight most people can actually use, when they first start doing them.

I really like incorporating oly lift techniques in my work.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote