Old 01-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What are your thoughts on the following base structures:

Structure 1

Monday - Squats
Wednesday - Deadlifts
Friday - Squats

Structure 1

(Week 1)
Monday - Squats
Wednesday - Deadlifts
Friday - Squats

(Week 2)
Monday - Deadlifts
Wednesday - Squats
Friday - Deadlifts

I guess the questions become:

1) Do you, or should you deadlift more than once per week?
2) Is squatting about every 5 days enough on this style of lifting?

My choice would be to squat twice a week, and deadlift once a week...so structure A. I think a beginner to early intermediate could handle deadlifting twice a week, but in the end I would rather see a great squat frequency.

With that said, I like both structures enough to think they are viable.
I have done a split like this once before. It will wear you out fast. Just selection A will work. If training MWF you could consider Squats MW and Deads on Friday. That set up would give two days rest before you return to squats.

Personally, I squat MWF. I either lighten up on DL day or I do a different variation of the squat to hit the muscles a little differently. Since I do not do these variations often, the weights are naturally lighter.

Getting focused to get better.

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

My training Log
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links