View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

If someone doesn't know the major voices in the industry it does cause me to pause and look closer at what they are teaching.

It surely is possible to "have tunnel vision" and be a good teacher. But more often than not, because of the Internet, that type of person is becoming a rare bird.

As far as photos (or videos)...I want to see one. I have to know that the trainer not only knows the information, but how to apply it. They do not need 17 inch arms or a 500 pound deadlift, but there has to be some hint that they know what they are doing.

Information is one thing, application in the real world is another. But in reality, most people we are talking about here aren't trainers...they are "Internet mouths" who are well read, and have a lot of free time.

Here on this forum, if you don't have at least one picture of video, you are not allowed to shower the forum with advice. As a sign of respect, we try to encourage an open forum.

This does not mean you have to be buff to post. Not at all. We merely believe in transparency.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote