View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #21
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Thanks again, like you say i think i will use straight sets to start with and then use the progression as you perscribe. I will probably keep Dips, curls and calves as straight sets for the duration, but as you have said this is all about the 'weeks' work which is the bit that I need to get my head around as i am so used to just thinking about each session as is comes.Thanks again for all the help with this

Carl.
This is where people fail. By jumping in with too much, too soon.

Steve's advice about alternating between calf, and hamstring work is also a solid approach, depending on your own body.

Reeves mentions in his book that he did not do direct calf work intially, due to the fact that he had large calves from peddling his bike.

Reeves proportion guide is a good way to judge area's you may need to concentrate more or less emphasis on. Reeves physique proportion ideals are in the classic challenge thread.

As far as adding weight to dips. Add weight as you see fit, but you may find that as you work harder on your pressing and benching, and you have pre exhusted most of those muscles, you will not need to add any weight.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links