View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Cheers Steve... i am aiming for 6lbs of pure muscle by the end of the year

How would you recommend I get my bf tested (so i can keep check that I'm doing things right), calipers ??

Carl.
That's a very reasonable goal.

I do a 3-point caliper test and it is fairly accurate and consistent. There is a calculator on the bottom of this page that I use:

Bodybuilding.com - Calipers: Are They Effective For Measuring Body-fat? - David Robson

You certainly can do a more in depth caliper at more points, but for convenience, I've found the 3 point to be quick and easy.

What I usually do is caliper every day for 5 days and take the average. I use this as my baseline. Then, say, 2 months down the road I will do the same. It should give you a fairly accurate idea of body recomposition, even if the bodyfat percentage is a few points off - if that makes sense?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote