View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Why did you decide to move deads to the middle of the week? Deads were on Fridays to give you 2 days of rest before working again.

## My mistake i read it wrong... deads will be on fridays instead of rows as perscribed

The squat/dead combo is intense but really feels good after you have given the program some time, and your really working it.

Your other question about dropping squats midweek.

Starting light on the program is important. It is far better to start light, and work up than to start too heavy. Consider even just squatting at 135 for the firt week and then to work up to find where you are comfortable for the week.

## I have decieded i will run is exactly as perscibed so will be squatting 3 times per week. I have a rough idea what i will be lifting at. i am just gonna do 50% of my normal weight for the big exercises, curls and dips will be normal... Calf raises are new to me as i have always done them on a machine, but these will be done free weight as well

Worksets weights that you have been used to, are not really applicable. You have to reset where your working at.

About your age. I'm nearly 49, and I still can build new muscle. You should have no issue building new muscle at 36.
I hope thats the case

One question about the dips. Are these upright tricep dips, rather than leaning forward and using the chest as well ???

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote