View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
After much internal debate I am starting the Reeves Classic Workout...

I have dipped my toe in full body recently and enjoyed it and I think i can get good gains working out 3 x per week as opposed to 4 (more grow days) plus i can still do cardio and increase fitness levels. I am not 'bulking' or 'cutting' per se. i am will eat as i normally do and try to maintain weight, but lose fat...

For those that dont know, workout is as follows...

squat..........3x8-12
bb row........3x8-12....DL 3x5* see note
o/h press.....3x8-12
bench.........3x8-12
BB/DB curl...3x8-12
dips............5x10@BW Try for sets of 10
BB calf raise 3x15-20
abs

*Middle workout of each week drop rows and do DL's instead

This wil be done 3 days per week, with two consecutive days off per week...

I am no where near my genetic potential and at 36 yo dont know if I ever will be, but Steve has calculated that i had at least 10-15lbs of pure lean muscle left to grow from when i was at my most muscular (which isnt now unfortunately ) so lets do this...

Carl.
Why did you decide to move deads to the middle of the week? Deads were on Fridays to give you 2 days of rest before working again. The squat/dead combo is intense but really feels good after you have given the program some time, and your really working it.

Your other question about dropping squats midweek.

Starting light on the program is important. It is far better to start light, and work up than to start too heavy. Consider even just squatting at 135 for the firt week and then to work up to find where you are comfortable for the week.

Worksets weights that you have been used to, are not really applicable. You have to reset where your working at.

About your age. I'm nearly 49, and I still can build new muscle. You should have no issue building new muscle at 36.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote