Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

OP:

without knowing more about your training experience, I can't provide information that is specifically beneficial to you.

But I would like to offer some info and quell some suspicions.

Firstly: The is nothing wrong with soy. I cannot use most dairy products, so I supplement with soy protein isolate. As long as:
a: you are in a position to benefit from an isolate
b: you know how to make the most of it
then soy PI is almost as good as regular old whey; don't write it off.

I've also used pea PI - another vegan/vegetarian friendly supplement which is considered even better (more bioavailable) than soy. It's only the price that keeps me from using it more regularly.

Secondly: If eggs, milk and cheese are ok with your owner, then you shouldn't worry. Do a little research, make sure you're getting your X-grams of protein each day, and you'll be fine. Hell, there's many protein-rich foods (like beans and chic peas) that are just all-round GOOD for you, so deriving your daily protein from these sources is a generally great thing to do!

Thirdly: Meat is king. Sorry, but I have to say this: if MY woman tried to change my diet, there'd be no more MY woman. Splitsville. For a start, I know way more about healthy eating than most vegans/vegetarians I've come across... and that's really not saying much.
Don't assume what she's into is going to help YOU, and YOUR goals.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet