Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

One thing I do when I train beginners who have never dead-lifted or squatted before is make them do rack pulls, heavy rows, goblet squats, db over head squats, wide sumo deadlifts and Romain db deadlifts for 2-3weeks.

I do this because these exercises strengthen the muscles they will be using and teach them how to use each muscle properly. I am a big believer in DB training for beginners as it builds stability, teaches them balance and is a bit safer than the barbell counterpart lifts in the beginning. Each movement has its purpose for example

Goblet squats(holding a heavy dumb with both arms under the chin/ against the chest and squatting) teaches how to stay upright.

Sumo deadlifts teaches how to push out your knees and helps the person how to descent properly on the squat.

Rack Pulls & Heavy rows build up the upper back which prevents rounding and makes all big 3(4) lifts stronger.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote