White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

So my questions are:
Who does warmup sets?
What is their main purpose?
How many sets/reps and how much time should be spent on them?
I do warmup sets with everything, hell Ill do full isolation workouts before going hard on a compound lift.

Main purpose is this, it "awakens" the muscle group so-to-say, get the blood pumping and sort of "preps" it. Let's use an analogy, its 10 degrees F outside in the morning and you hop in your car to go to work, start it up, pull out of the drive way and stomp on the gas, your car pukes on itself and takes what seems like days to get up to the speed you are wishing to go. This would be like laying down on the bench press throwing 80% of your 1rm on there and expecting to rep it out 8 times cold, probably not going to happen, and if it does its going to wear you out, i promise. However if you would have went outside earlier and warmed your car up for a little while I wouldve performed the way you wanted it to, because the gas was flowing, pistons warmed up and firing, etc. Same with lifting, warm up your muscle groups, let them know the big weight is coming.

There's a very good pyramid system that someone came up with I remember that is often used to reach the weight you want to achieve while working rep ranges and max lift attempts, seen it awhile back, cant find it now, maybe someone will come up with it for me.

But personally, I will warmup as i feel needed, my max bench press is 360lbs, if Im working up to that my rep range will never exceed 8reps and I will slowly (10-15lbs) increase weight from somewhere around 225-250ish to reach my max effort attempt, as weight goes up, reps go down.

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote