Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Here was todays workout

Squat
warmup 2x5 20kg
warmup 1x5 40kg
warmup 1x3 60kg
warmup 1x2 80kg
working sets 3x5 102.5kg (PR)

Bench Press
warmup 2x5 20kg
warmup 1x5 40kg
warmup 1x3 55kg
warmup 1x2 70kg
working sets 2x5 82.5kg (PR), 1x5 80kg

Deadlift
warmup 2x5 60kg
warmup 1x3 95kg
warmup 1x2 135kg
working set 1x5 160kg (PR)

Notes: -
Squats - Felt good and strong, nice and deep. Happy with those!! They are a PR with proper form
Bench - They were ok, each rep pasued on chest. Muay Thai has lots of pushups, and all the motion is pushing out from chest, so it fatigues the chest and triceps a bit, which is why I have trouble with bench press sometimes.
Deadlift - Deadlifts felt good and chalk worked great! First 3 reps used double overhand grip, last 2 I had to use over/under.

Overall: -
Been on this routine for a few months, and I think it might be time to switch it around, mainly because Im getting the feeling im going to start sticking a little here and there, especially bench and overhead press, but that could be a result of MMA. Ill stick to it for this week and next week, but Ill be looking for a new one I think.

Im thinking of one of Bill Starrs 5x5 or Rippetoes Advanced Novice Program. Im after a routine that has powercleans in it.

Any advice on this would be gooood

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links