View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I am writing a feature article in February on everyone's favorite topic...abs.

What I would like to know from you:

1) What are your favorite exercises for building abs thickness?
## Weighted Decline Crunches and Weighted Leg raises IMO will build good thick abs... progressive overload once or twice per week, just like any other muscle group
2) Do you have any favorite abs workouts, yours or a workout by another athlete?
## Any Over head stuff really works the core well. TGU's O/H Squats things like that.
3) What do you feel are the biggest myths about abs, having great abs, developing abs, whatever...???
## Doing sit ups will give you abs, or the ab machines that are on the infomercials actually work. Its all usesless unless you have a low body fat. Abs really are built in the kitchen
4) Do you have any abs-related training or dieting tips, tricks, etc.?
## The big compunds will build nice abs all by themselves. if you really want to work on them great, but its not necessary IMO. I think core exercises are more inportant than crunches. Also if you want a stomach like the greats (Reeves, park etc) then try stomach vacuums... i think they are a forgotten exercise and could help a lot of people to get that washboard stomach.

...anything else on abs that you would like to get off your chest, or...err...stomach?
Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote