View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #18
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
Yeah, immediately calling people who disagree with you misinformed seems to be a common tactic of cults too, no thank you.
That was part of a quote Ox that I posted up it wasnt aimed at you or intended to offend, i think you took it a bit out of context. i even said in my initial post that people try to go ATG to just look badass. I am more interested in a full ROM for the individual rather than having to go ATG all the time. i think a full ROM on ANY exercise is better than a pertial one. i know partial reps can be used as a technique but personally i wouldnt recommend them as standeard practice no matter what the exercise, be it Benchpress, BB curls or squats - whatever. like i said mate, that part of the quote which you picked out was not calling you or anyone else out for your opinion it was just part of a longer explanation. Sorry if it did cause offense
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
It has been said more than once, but no one has really focused on it. The key is good form. Bad form to parallel and bad form ATG will bring about injury. To be quite honest, most folks do not truly go ATG. If you video them you find they may go past parallel, but their hams and glutes are still so tight they can not get all the way down. I seek to go past parallel but like Carl said, "I don't train with a particular range of motion." I seek to train with good form and control.
This everday of the week and twice on sundays....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
No kidding. I bet I'm below parallel with my butt 20" off the ground.
My butt isnt far of 20" from the floor when i am stood up

I am the same make up as Steve that my calves and hammie touch about a couple of inches below parallel, any further and i am literally pushing myself down which i dont recommend. Like I said i think the key is a full ROM for you, whether that be Parallel, past parralel or ATG. I dont agree particularly with 1/4 squats as a constant (it you want to do them for a specific reason then OK), but for me all exercises should be in a full ROM to be most effective. just my 2p worth

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote