View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
I don't think going ATG is by any means necessary to build size and strength. By some of the attitudes I've seen it does seem that going ATG is some sort of a cult.
I don't either Ox. I don't think they are necessary, and I have never purposely performed them other than one or two warmup sets where I allow myself to sink deep into the hole with a moderately light weight. But like I said my body type sucks so my "below parallel" are almost ATG anyway.

But with that said, I do see some heavy squatters with less than massive legs and often wonder if ATGs might help them? I don't know, but I wonder.

I respect the guys that want to do them but:

A) I can't really go any deeper anyway without killing my lower back.

B) I don't know enough about ATG squats to really care about them.

I go an inch or so below parallel, always have and probably always will. I know some guys can naturally go crazy deep. If they can do it and it feels good, rock it like Dokken.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote