View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
Hmm, I wonder if that's different if you sit on a box and lift your feet off the floor while you're on the box. That's how my pro strongman training buddy does heavy squats. I should add though, he does squat below parallel when warming up, but it's only high box squats when the weight gets heavy.
I was thinking more "bro squats", like the 1/4 squat high school football team squat. I was thinking the injuries come from that nonsense.

I do high box squats myself from time to time and never feel any knee issues. But like your buddy when I have done them it was after deeper warmups or working sets.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote