Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

It has been said more than once, but no one has really focused on it. The key is good form. Bad form to parallel and bad form ATG will bring about injury. To be quite honest, most folks do not truly go ATG. If you video them you find they may go past parallel, but their hams and glutes are still so tight they can not get all the way down. I seek to go past parallel but like Carl said, "I don't train with a particular range of motion." I seek to train with good form and control.

When I was starting I would set my safety bars on the very bottom and then sit a broom stick on them. The broom stick was about 15" off the floor. When my butt hit the stick, I pushed back up. For us tall guys, 15" from the floor is a long way down.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links