Old 01-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #11
New Brawn

Training Exp: <1 year
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Kre-Alkalyn EFX
mstott25 is off to a bad start

Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Those are great exercises to use, and with your lifting experience t I see no issue using them. I would run at minimum something like an A/B split, alternating every other workout:

Or you could just do this:

...Maybe even alternating calves and abs each workout to save some time.

I'm not a big fan on doing deadlifts every day though, so I would recommend either doing them every other workout, or on Wednesday's only. I also wasn't sure if alternating between exercises like rows and pullups was an option...
This looks great.

After last week I agree about deadlifts. I was only doing one set of deadlifts in Starting Strength and the most I had done was 310x5. Last week I wanted to try doing one major lift a day and I did deadlifts on Tuesday - 315x5; 315x5; 315x7. I was shot the rest of the week.

Do you agree with his rep and set scheme, specifically going light 2x a week the first two weeks and then progressing as he describes after that? Or should I just focus on these lifts and progressive poundage from the get-go?

As far as abs - my wife has an ab roller that I like to use. Any problem with skipping abs at the gym and just doing the ab wheel at home?

Thanks for the feedback, we're getting somewhere!
mstott25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links