View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstott25 View Post

I like the premise of this workout but I was wondering if I could add pullups/dips/shrugs and substitute deadlifts for the stiff legged deadlifts. I was also curious if I could/should add some cardio in the off days.

The reason I like dips/pullups/shrugs is because I'm pretty weak in these areas and my body responds well to them, I've noticed a lot of strength improvement in them and would like to keep that up.
Those are great exercises to use, and with your lifting experience t I see no issue using them. I would run at minimum something like an A/B split, alternating every other workout:

Quote:
Workout A
Squats 2 x 10
Bench Presses 2 x 10
Bent-Over Rows 2 x 10
Overhead Barbell Presses 2 x 10
SLDL or Leg Curl 2 x 10
Barbell Curls 2 x 10
Donkey Calf Raises 2 x 10
Reverse Crunches 2 x 10
Quote:
Workout B
Deadlifts 2 x 10
Dips 2 x 10
Pullups 2 x 10
Shrugs 2 x 10
Barbell Curls 2 x 10
Reverse Crunches 2 x 10
Or you could just do this:

Quote:
Squats 2 x 10
Dips 2 x 10
Deadlifts 2 x 10
Pullups 2 x 10
Shrugs 2 x 10
Barbell Curls 2 x 10
Reverse Crunches 2 x 10
...Maybe even alternating calves and abs each workout to save some time.

I'm not a big fan on doing deadlifts every day though, so I would recommend either doing them every other workout, or on Wednesday's only. I also wasn't sure if alternating between exercises like rows and pullups was an option...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote