View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This forum works perfectly.

Any minimum restrictions on how high the lift must be?
Nope, clearance of floor is all that's required and you'll understand why, since holding the lift for a long time can really pull on the joint; the guy has the distance perfectly worked, just low enough (the rigging, when taut) for him to have to bend slightly, and the weights just clearing the floor by about 4" or so when the arm is at full extension with him standing upright.

When I use the cloth bag, or used to, which was the only way I could get the 25kg together, I had to stand on the stepper because otherwise I had no room to bend; mainly this was because the handles came too high up for a short person like me, so instead I did a sort of deficit DL but it worked and gave me 5" clearance from the floor when standing upright.

The lift shouldn't be pulled through the full range, as in not from as far down as the normal DL, that will just be far too much strain. And,as soon as you cleared the floor with this lift, get the weight-load back to the floor, under control, asap.