Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

FLIP THE SHIRT

We use the term "flip the shirt" when we are coaching up olympic lifts like cleans, and snatches. What I mean by this is that when your shirt is untucked and you perform a clean or snatch the bar should stay close to your body that it will flip the bottom of your shirt. Now, I'm not saying to try to make sure your shirt flip up everytime. But just having that cue in your mind will make sure you keep the bar close to your body keeping the center of gravity close to you.

When the bar travels away from your body the center of gravity moves which will make your upper body lean forward. If you ever perform a clean and when you come to the rack position, with bar on your shoulders, and you are a slightly falling forward that is a good sign that the bar travelled away from your body. Remember "flip the shirt".

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote