View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I've read quite a bit on information on this topic, but it's hard to me to lay it all out intelligently...as it's not something I obsess much about.

I do know that most intra and post-workout nutrition is set up to address immediate needs, as well as to facilitate recovery. Basically it's structured to maximize recovery and rebound.

Most bodybuilders I know obsess about every meal and turn it into a science, so to your point, I think many already do think about meals the day before. They are constantly trying to maximize performance and gains.

Most try to cover their bases by keeping a steady stream of slow-digesting proteins throughout the day, and taking in fast digesting protein at key times, such as post-workout. Many intra-workout supps exist as well to address immediately carb, protein/amino needs.

I drink whey during a workout instead of a BCAA supplement like Xtend to keep a steady, but small stream of protein in my system during a workout. I also drink a liquid pre-workout with a banana (while not cutting).

Sorry for this hodge podge post. I need to organize my thoughts on this issue a bit better.

Where's Brad Borland when you need him....

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote