View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

I can't say that they do much for me, really. But I have no other options at this present time.
Have you looked into Jefferson squats, partial hack squats, weighted step ups or donkey squats?

You might be able to do donkey squats on your chains, but they might be wobbly.

You don't have a rack, I assume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
3. I'm not doing much volume at all here, and tbh I would rather be doing slightly more.
For instance, my ratio is off in terms of bi vs tri. I could be doing 4 or 5 sets of bicep exercises and 7 or 8 for triceps. That would be the most volume arms work I'd perform each week, regardless of what else I was working on the day.

I don't do more because my elbows, wrists and occasionally the soft tissue below my right smaller knuckles
usually hurt with more volume. I've had to eliminate skull crushers, concentration curls, and any curls with a straight or EZ bar - for same reason.
I used to do more volume for biceps and it left me with crazy tendinitis. With longevity in mind, I would rather see most trainees chill on too much bicep. But that's not a popular opinion.

My elbows and wrists are much better now that I don't cream my arms, and my tendinitis is completely gone. Which I consider to be a small miracle. it was so bad before that I could barely do any rows.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote