MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTJBxX View Post
People man are just insane they think they dont have to put in the work! Drives me insane!
And this (mis)perception is really perpetuated by a many fitness and lifting magazine.

Men's Health would have you believe, for example, that you can do 4 circuits of light kettle ball training and have a QB physique like Drew Brees (I just scanned this issue at a bud's house over the holidays).

Very few articles in those magazines explain food intake (they list a meal or 3) or progressive training.

I fell for it once upon a time. I read and went to the gym and did stuff. I looked different, but I didn't get big and strong until I found correct information.

The receptionists here at work are always asking me why I eat so much and why I am "trying to gain weight". "Who does that?!?" was the exact question right before XMas.

So, I just said, those killer builds that you like on men? Well, to get them you have to eat-- a LOT-- and workout hard.

I still don't think they get it.