View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

What's your age PCT?

In general since you're not a bodybuilder and not looking to micromanage everything, I might suggest starting around 2500 per day. That might be a bit high, but I would rather see you start higher and back off if needed. Heck, you might have an uber metabolism and need more. But that's unlikely.

I would try 2500 for a few weeks. The first week you will drop extra water weight as your body relaxes a bit from digestion demands and carb overkill. After week 1 if you are losing more than 2 pounds a week I would add 200-300 calories per day. Losing weight too quickly zaps muscle and strength.

If you're not losing weight then I would drop 200-300 calories per day.

If you want to eat more on training days, I would do something like 2800 on training days, 2200 on off days, or similar, trying to keep the 2500 average. You could do a smaller adjustment like 2700 and 2300.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote