View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telpelin View Post
Alright, so I looked over previous threads, did some reading (finding I know less about weight-lifting/exercise/etc than I thought), and I still have a question-

I'm a college student with about $0 at any given time to spend on...anything. I have a meal plan at the school I attend, but I don't think I can really rely solely on eating 2-3 times a day? Even factoring the possibility of getting some protein powder or "mass gainer" (a choice I'm not 100% sure about either), I'm unsure about how to go about planning a college diet.

I have about 2 weeks left before classes begin to sort this stuff out!

So in short:

1.) How many times a day should I be eating? Is the 2-3hr rule vital?
2.) Will calories make up for the time loss if I can't do the 2-3hr thing (hypothetical)?
3.) Which (if any) of the protein things should I use, being a beginner?

Thanks a lot guys for your help! I really appreciate it! God bless-

Patrick
i'm in college now too and this is really a tough thing to figure out. I'll be reading the answers you get as well.

I have an unlimited plan so I can go as many times as I want to the dining hall and I have a whey protein powder that I can use whenever I need to get in the extra protein.

As far as I know you'll do fine eating 3 big meals a day and supplementing in between with protein shakes. just make sure each time you hit the dining hall you really eat alot, get protein, carbs, and fats in and try to take in as many calories as possible.

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"

Last edited by strkout35; 01-04-2011 at 02:12 AM.
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote